Last time I did anything for five weeks voluntarily was...a long time ago.
Still very thankful. But repentant. I went to the Morgan Library & Museum today where I saw the manuscripts of the Book of Hours. I was shocked not only by the intricate design and some interesting allegorical depictions, but also by the number of hours this "devotional" was designed for. I know that the pace of life was very different back then, but every 3 hours?
It got me thinking about my last two weeks. Busy at work, but free enough to enjoy other blessings of life like friendships, relationships, sports and food. Perhaps this felt so good because I felt so stifled by boring busyness at work and monotony of my life before. Perhaps it is the prospect of a new career that may await me. Or both. But either way, on many of these days, I didn't find time to sit down and reflect with Him on things that I didn't feel a need for His help and guidance. Hmm...perhaps I am exaggerating but kinda like an ATM machine that I stop by only when I need cash.
It gets me thinking about someone that I would come to love (whoever that may be), and hopefully she vice versa. What is the point of loooooove if you are only there for each other when you need each other? Not saying that being there for each other isn't an important part of loooooove, but I hope looooove is something where two people would long to be with each other even when they continue with their principally boring lives and when filling each other on these drab details doesn't feel mandatory.
As sinners, I won't expect this to be always the case from either myself or my loooove; but I know God always wants to listen to my drab details even though I'm but a speck in the universe. So I repent, for thanking Him and neglecting Him at the same time. Dang am I lucky.
Have you read CS Lewis's the Four Loves?
ReplyDelete