Friday, January 1, 2010

2010 and the prayer for Advent

So I am hoping to post more this year, as I think it helps me to write out my thoughts once in a while. Journals have never worked for me, but hopefully a blog will do a better job.

In the Lessons and Carols concert last year at my church, here was the prayer for Advent that was read aloud which I really liked a lot:

Almighty God, you have given us your only-begotten Son to take our nature upon himself so that he could redeem us and raise us up to be his beloved bride; grant that all of us who are born from above, made your children by adoption, and appointed his beloved by grace, may daily be renewed by your Holy Spirit. Do this so that with fullness of joy we may love as we are loved. We pray through our Lord Jesus Christ, who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, ever one God, world without end. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment