Monday, August 29, 2011

Reflection #1

My second year of teaching kicked off last week with the week of orientation, this time with full preparation. Yet a day before classes begin, I feel overwhelmed, unprepared and generally frustrated with teaching as a profession.

But deep inside, I know that I have neglected my relationship with God and I will not be at peace until I truly dedicate myself to doing so. This Sunday's Irene-truncated sermon referred to the story in Matthews, with a storm threatening to rock the ship that Jesus and the disciples were riding in. I have felt the presence of that storm throughout the past two years, with varying tremors. Yet I could never bring myself to trust in the Lord to rule over my storm and put me to peace, save for moments and days where I sought Him out and knelt with empty hands.

I am battered enough where I think I have no choice but to come back to Him. Oh the irony...

No comments:

Post a Comment