Today's service made me very, very pensive. A personal story that echoed some of my family's experiences. A sermon that was not unfamiliar, but threw a dart at my heart when Pastor Charlie asked the congregation to love an enemy this week and I immediately thought of a manager at work who I really, really dislike. Of course, then the words spoken at the communion reminded me that I, too, was God's enemy.
After the service, the smiles on the faces of kids receiving my "treats" for praying last week, although I wish I had more time to talk to them about it. Followed by some serious, at times frustrating but overall encouraging discussions. Then a seemingly short walk with endearing conversations that I wish would continue even longer. Later, prayers answered as I witness the faces of children light up serving the homeless and the homeless serving them with their expressions of love. Capped by a free dinner with long-known friends.
I do know how to write complete sentences, but when my mind is so thoroughly saturated with gratitude and joy, phrases better capture my feelings.
Even the revelation of my sin, some deeper sin that I am still uncovering, is a thing to thank, for they challenge me to be real and make a decision between God and the world. Soren, you are an interesting man. Perhaps a bit meandering in words, but I know someone else who is like that and I think I will like you.
No comments:
Post a Comment