Monday, April 7, 2014

Again!

I really, really don't like being hungry.

I'm a huge carnivore, so I really don't know how I agreed, but Joyce and I have given up red meat and chicken for the season of lent. 3 weeks in, despite having a reprieve on Sundays, I have come to realize that when deprived of immediate gratification, I become a highly agitated, less functional, and generally unpleasant human being. So much for choosing this tradition in lent to remind myself of the sacrifices that Christ made for us.

But before this became an exercise in self-flagellation, it became a self-reflection of current struggles in my life--why does my heart wrestle with work-related things beyond my control, choose to be utterly lazy while fully cognizant of the need for diligence, and freeze and run away from confronting the issues, something that I've prided myself on not doing before?

I don't know what the answers are. But the important thing is that I am tackling them, ignited by a small spark that came out of nowhere, really.

No comments:

Post a Comment