Sunday, February 13, 2011

Seventh Week of 2011

Remembering the positives in my first year of teaching :)

1) Reading a second book of the Logan family saga by Mildred Taylor. At the end of book club with my 6th and 5th grade boys on Friday, Samuel rises and says, "This book is DELICIOUS!"

Not to brag, but I played a part in selling the last two books to them. The first book was 250 page long- the longest book some of them read, but they loved it at the end!

2) C Will

3) Destiny's Child's academic improvement

4) Janise writing a letter to Dancan

5) Writing the notes to my kids

6) Brandon Strong's hug for giving him a task.

...and others I don't remember.

Ending the post with the lyrics from Nas:

I know I can (I know I can)
Be what I wanna be (be what I wanna be)
If I work hard at it (If I work hard at it)
I'll be where I wanna be (I'll be where I wanna be)

Be, B-Boys and girls, listen up
You can be anything in the world, in God we trust
An architect, doctor, maybe an actress
But nothing comes easy it takes much practice

No comments:

Post a Comment