Monday, June 21, 2010

Twenty Fifth Week of 2010

I drove back and forth between Union Square and Upper West Side about 20 times over the past three days. I have driven through Manhattan before, but let's just say that my blood pressure and stress level exploded before I realized that the lanes don't really matter much in the city and I can never daydream while driving here.

But God is gracious--one time, I was so angry at this car who nearly crashed onto my side that I honked really hard, only that my horn got "stuck" and my car won't stop honking even when I took my hand off the horn. I was near the Grand Central and this went on for about 10 minutes, making me utterly embarrassed and afraid that the police would come and lock me up or something. Since then, I haven't honked even at the most ridonkulous lane change.

Over the past two weeks, I felt like a bum doing nothing and yet not restful. Hopefully that'll change in the coming weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment